As information security professionals, we understand the privacy and security rules defined by HIPAA and the breach reporting requirements defined by the HITECH Act. Our assessment methodology will ensure an efficient, effective security audit.
HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules apply to all healthcare providers, health plans, healthcare clearinghouses, and to any service provider that manages electronic protected health information (ePHI). This applies to organizations in the life sciences field such as medical devices, biotechnology, and pharmaceuticals.
Service providers (business associates) know that a third-party validation of their HIPAA compliance is a competitive differentiator that demonstrates they are securing ePHI and providing peace of mind to their customers. Software companies, mobile application developers, hosting organizations should consider HIPAA compliance and application security if they are managing ePHI. It is not if a data breach will occur, but when.
We provide audit, advisory and assessment services needed to achieve HIPAA compliance and safeguard your data against vulnerabilities.
Our solutions will help you:
- Understand how HIPAA/HITECH/Omnibus Rules impact your organization
- Determine how to protect data by identifying all assets and where it resides
- Prioritize the necessary cybersecurity measures to mitigate risk and achieve HIPAA compliance
- Demonstrate, document, and maintain compliance for your organization
Get an Accurate Diagnosis and the Remediation Plan
iBridge’s healthcare IT security experts apply proven processes and utilize common controls framework such as ISO27001 that combines the identified HIPAA controls with other industry best practices for all risk assessments/analyses and gap/compliance assessments.
Assessment controls include:
- Administrative safeguards
- Technical safeguards
- Physical safeguards
- Documentation requirements
- Breach notification requirements